Veggie burgers seem to come from two places: restaurants and supermarket freezers. But you can make them from whole ingredients, and it's easy. And goddam delicious.
This is a brief excerpt from Animal Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver, Steven L Hopp and Camille Kingsolver.
This isn't a rhetorical proposition. Petri-dish meat exists now. It should be available in your local supermarket by next Wednesday. Well, maybe not. But they're working on it.
Many of us here are working to connect with our food and the Earth in a more Sacred and meaningful way. May we be in service seed by seed.
It's berry season. My girlfriend made crumble out of a batch of strawberries my parents picked from a local farm. Here's the recipe.
The growth of the post-industrial food movement continues at a rapid pace. Here are resources to further our understanding of this important transformation. (videos)
Mark Kurlansky writes books about how food has influenced human history. And other stuff. This is a brief appreciation of what he does, in point form.
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy