Terry Patten was born and bred to be a revolutionary, growing up in the 1950s and 1960s in the York Center Community Cooperative, an interracial community founded as “a witness for peace and brotherhood.” After leading campus protests in Ann Arbor, he realized the revolution began with himself. So he threw himself passionately into poetry and immersion in the human potential movement, until he found a great teacher capable of “reformatting his hard drive.” After 15 years of profound intensive 24/7 spiritual practice in an ashram, he “left the cult”, or rather “self-graduated” and founded the Tools For Exploration catalog, which defined a new product category of consciousness technologies. Today, he teaches in person and virtually, bringing integral consciousness, practice, and leadership to people and institutions all over the world.
He was senior writer of the book Integral Life Practice: A 21-Century Blueprint for Physical Health, Emotional Balance, Mental Clarity, and Spiritual Awakening. Since 2010 he has hosted the acclaimed Beyond Awakening teleseminar series. His next 8-session online course on Integral Spiritual Practice will begin this June. He lives in Marin County, California.
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':