R. Michael Fisher
Michael Fisher, a philosopher at-heart, who has studied and applied the work of Ken Wilber and other integral theorists to the general area of curriculum theory and instruction, healing and spiritual development, and specifically to social emancipatory praxis, since the early 1980s. His philosophy is liberational and grounded not so much in the human potential or new age movements of which he's often critical, but ground more in a path beginning with the theory and practice of Re-evaluation Co-counseling, Integral Studies, Sacred Warriorship Studies, Critical Theory and the Fearlessness Tradition.
A self-proclaimed fearologist and cultural critic, therapeutic counselor, artist and educator, with a BSc in Environmental Biology, a BEd in Science Secondary Education, an M.A. in Adult Education and a Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction, his transdisciplinary research as a scholar and public intellectual has led to many published exhibitions, monographs and articles--while he continues to lecture, coach and counsel in private practice, facilitate workshops, and engage in trans(per)formative artistic practices and collaborations. He is former founder/teacher of the School of Sacred Warriorship (1993-96), co-founder and Director of the In Search of Fearlessness Research Institute (1989-) (http://www.feareducation.com), and founder Director of the Center for Spiritual Inquiry & Integral Education (http://csiie.org). His personal website can be found at http://loveandfearsolutions.com/
A prolific writer with over two hundred publications since 1974, his latest book, The World's Fearlessness Teachings: A Critical Integral Approach to Fear Management/Education for the 21st Century was published in the late fall of 2010 by University Press of America (Rowman & Littlefield). Michael is a certified school teacher and a Level-2 Spiral Dynamics Integral Technology facilitator. Born and raised in Western Canada, he has recently moved to Carbondale, IL, USA with his wife/partner, Barbara Bickel. Michael (pronounced my-ky-el), formerly Robert M. Fisher. He lives in conscious abstinence, as spiritual practice, without a motor vehicle, ownership of house or land, TV set, and the titillation of Facebook and Twitter.
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':