Vanessa D. Fisher
Vanessa D. Fisher is a published author, poet, public speaker, cultural critic, and self-ascribed Global Nomad currently living in Seoul, South Korea. Vanessa has a keen interest in the areas of gender, sexuality, popular culture, international relations, art and aesthetics, and has presented her work at the past two Integral Theory Conferences. At the first ITC, at the age of 24, Vanessa won a distinguished award for her research and writing in the field of feminism and aesthetics, and at the second ITC, she was asked to facilitate the women’s panel, which included a group of the top female leaders in the field of women’s studies and human transformation. She has also recently co-edited an anthology with feminist scholar, Sarah Nicholson, on integral approaches to sex and gender (in press with SUNY).
A deeper look at one young woman's journey through sex, shadow, and spiritual eroticism
A look at how spiritual teachings about revolution help and hurt young women.
Read More below
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy