Jeremy is a writer of short stories and essays, a blogger, rogue academic and new media scholar. He received his MA from Goddard in Consciousness Studies and a BA from Fordham in Sociology. Interested in the interstices of myth, media and religious experience, his writing attempts to outline the direction of our planetary, interconnected age.
His intellectual heroes include Jean Gebser, William Irwin Thompson, Henry Corbin and Carl Jung. Literary muses include Virginia Woolf, Kim Stanley Robinson, Philip K. Dick, and Daniel Quinn. Still more, his spiritual influences include Sri Aurobindo, William Blake and Zen.
Is the return of the repressed simply regression or is it something much more?
A look at what music has to say about biology & machines.
Take a tour through the works of integral scholar and historian, Bill Thompson, as he spins a whole-picture view of myth, mysticism and evolution.
Jeremy Johnson returns to Beams and Struts with a meditation on what's possible in the eye of a storm.
Marshall McLuhan illuminates the return of the tribe and the evolution of mind through media. (video)
Will post-postmodern culture bring with it an entirely new sense of time? Or will our species run out of time? What should be our relationship to this most fundamental reality? Perhaps Jean Gebser would offer us some clues.
- Agreed Mary and thanks for opening the space to clarify that one point. Of course this entire endeavour was filled… Written by Juma Wood Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Chela, your willingness to look unflinchingly inside, and then articulate that reality in the world, inspires and amazes me. I… Written by Karen Kristjanson I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy
- Just wanted to say: Writing actually is a verb! And as Ishmael Reed said "Writin is Fightin." A good kind… Written by Mary W. Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well that was honest! Great to read these various un-cloaked perspectives. It feels refreshing to see a take on an… Written by Sarah Olson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Well, I'm sorry that Beams is wrapping up, but excited for all of you. You've done something amazing here, make… Written by Paul Duke Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- Leah, I'm with you here- "Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of debate to decide what we need to do.… Written by Trevor Malkinson Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- It has been enlightening to follow along on your coattails, watching the ride from the sidelines. Everything you said is… Written by Leah Adams Sayonara Muthafuckas: 8 Perspectives on the End of Beams & Struts
- This is beautiful Chela, it brought me to tears. Thank you for all your wonderful writing on Beams and Struts! Written by Chloe Dierkes I Heart Beams and Struts: A Eulogy