Dr. Gabor Mate, interviewed on Democracy Now, discusses the Global Commission on Drug Policy's recent conclusion that the US led War on Drugs has been a failure, and will continue to fail. Mate points out that this recommendation doesn't come from the usual advocacy groups, or from physicians like himself but from "sterling establishment figures," such as former US secretary of state George Schultz, and Paul Volcker, former chairman of the Federal Reserve. The commission also featured George Papandreou, prime minister of Greece, and Cesar Gaviria, former president of Colombia.
Monday, 06 June 2011 16:08
Dr Gabor Mate on Global Panel’s Call to End "Failed" U.S.-Led Drug WarWritten by TJ Dawe
Latest from TJ Dawe
More in this category: « Sacred Sundays: Communion, Ritual and a Bride's Right of Passage Why to Practice Sabbath and How »
|Join the Discussion|
Commenting PolicyBeams and Struts employs commenting guidelines that we expect all readers to bear in mind when commenting at the site. Please take a moment to read them before posting - Beams and Struts Commenting Policy
Tuesday, 07 June 2011 20:54
Here's a link to part two of the discussion: http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2011/6/6/dr_gabor_mat_more_compassion_less_violence_needed_in_addressing_drug_addiction
Login to post comments
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy
art Christianity collective intelligence comedy comic books community culture evolution Food integral philosophy integral spirituality Ken Wilber Literature Movies music parenting Politics postmodernism Psychology religion sacred sundays Saturday Night Jukebox Science spirituality Sports technology Television theatre The Enneagram women