Google’s word-frequency trend application program, called the nGram viewer, is interesting to play around with. Today I played a game I call “word trump” – you try to see what words have similar trajectories, and which words trump them. I was interested in the key words that I share with the integral community, and perhaps with folks that like to read this blog. In the end, I came up with this progression that seemed meaningful. The motivation I had for playing this word game was to map the key words that point to the multiple process streams in our narratives. For more on what that means, see my recent article at Integral Leadership Review.
What do you all think?
1. Democracy trumps Evolution. Evolution trumps Integral
2. Revolution trumps all of the above
3. Systems far out does all of the above.
4. Population trumps Systems, with Health and Economy in the game.
5. Development trumps all of the above.
6. War can significantly trump all of the above, but shows up erratically and is in its steepest decline.
7. People and Life are on a similar playing field, above all the rest.
Coda: After writing this, I found that changing systems (plural) to system (singular) resulted in an interesting mirror-image relationship between people and system.