I wanted to let readers of Beams know that Beams family member Vanessa Fisher has just launched a new website to house her writing, poetry and much else besides. You can access that here. Vanessa's posts at Beams have always been widely read and have generated a lot of rich discussion, particularly around women's issues. I have no doubt that her site will provide a space for much more of that inquiry to continue, and of course, we'll still be posting some of her work here too. I think there's strong possibilities in the vision of the Global Nomad she's developing there, and I'm personally looking forward to seeing how that project unfolds over time. I wish her the best of luck in that new venture, and am heartened to see an ever burgeoning presence from 'second wave integral' folks around the web. Good luck and Godspeed Sr. Vanessa!
Friday, 11 November 2011 00:42
Artist, Activist, Global NomadWritten by Trevor Malkinson
Latest from Trevor Malkinson
- Of Everything That Stands, The End- Beams and Struts 2009-2013
- Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Darrin Drda Part IV- Global Addiction and the Road to Recovery
- Darrin Drda Part II- Planetary Initiation and Participatory Reality
- The Roots of Inauthenticity Within the Society of the Spectacle
|Join the Discussion|
Commenting PolicyBeams and Struts employs commenting guidelines that we expect all readers to bear in mind when commenting at the site. Please take a moment to read them before posting - Beams and Struts Commenting Policy
Login to post comments
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy
art Christianity collective intelligence comedy comic books community culture evolution Food integral philosophy integral spirituality Ken Wilber Literature Movies music parenting Politics postmodernism Psychology religion sacred sundays Saturday Night Jukebox Science spirituality Sports technology Television theatre The Enneagram women