TJ is a Vancouver based writer, performer and director of new theatre pieces. He's participated in ninety or so theatre and comedy festivals in Canada, the US, Australia and the UK. He has six published plays and a humour book. He's also interested in movies, literature, television, comic books, history, science, spirituality, tai chi, technology, food and the Enneagram. He generally juggles a dozen projects at a time. He thinks more people should read the books of Barbara Ehrenreich, Gabor Mate, David Mitchell, Dan Savage, Mark Kurlansky, Miriam Toews and Brian Michael Bendis.
Words of wisdom from an obscure and great writer.
With selections and write-ups from some of our core contributors, in alphabetical order.
Conflict avoidance, escape into dreams, and love of nature.
An evolution is underway, bringing new ways to engage audiences.
According to Fr. Richard Rohr, and Harvard prof Phillip L. Berman.
Are those little tasteless off-white circles worth it?
It's the same reason cats sit on the lap of the person who's least interested in them.
Doris Allen, John Lennon, and what love songs are really about.
Three videos, from Q & As after TJ's solo show Medicine.
A look at the interplay of Modernity and Postmodernism in a major Canadian city.
With songs by Local Natives, the Dodos, Calexico, Patrick Watson and Metric.
Paraphrased from Sandra Maitri's book The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram.
How cocaine, crystal meth, nicotine and caffeine affect dopamine activity.
A bit of history, from Carl Sagan
A short excerpt from her book Fear of Falling: The Inner Life of the Middle Class.
On analysing myself for an unconscious prejudice that leaves 50% of the population out of the picture.
The Harry Potter scribe's new novel looks at social responsibility, specifically about addiction.
It's a growing trend, and produces honeys of great diversity.
Great story, excellent directing, and strong postmodern elements.
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy