TJ is a Vancouver based writer, performer and director of new theatre pieces. He's participated in ninety or so theatre and comedy festivals in Canada, the US, Australia and the UK. He has six published plays and a humour book. He's also interested in movies, literature, television, comic books, history, science, spirituality, tai chi, technology, food and the Enneagram. He generally juggles a dozen projects at a time. He thinks more people should read the books of Barbara Ehrenreich, Gabor Mate, David Mitchell, Dan Savage, Mark Kurlansky, Miriam Toews and Brian Michael Bendis.
Check out this brilliant routine about football.
There's already legislation in place in sixty countries for this, but not Canada or the US. Why not?
Enneagram Nines come into this world at one with a certain aspect of Being, and then separate from it.
Steve Dawson is an award winning musician and producer. His totems include Ry Cooder, The Band, Daniel Lanois, Leo Kottke and Bill Frisell.
This is obvious and known to everyone who's watched the show, isn't it?
Alzheimer's, eternal youth, and more: a theory proposed by a Beams reader.
What six bloggers think...
This could actually mean that we're climbing up the evolutionary ladder.
What the author of Neuromancer has to say about the Two Against Nature
From the Huffington Post and the National Post.
A review of his book The Seven Spiritual Laws of Superheroes.
For life - much less human life - to have emerged on Earth, a number of unlikely factors had to be in place.
The physiology of the need, not the psychology.
Nope. He was made of straw.
This is a first in a new series of podcasts, exploring the ignored and underestimated.
You've probably had some, if you're partial to raspberry flavour.
NPR's All Songs Considered website is a treasure trove for audiophiles.
A short photo essay of Springtime flowers and colours.
Singer/songwriter and Beams and Struts contributor Corin Raymond talks about Tom Waits, Sam Cooke, the Rolling Stones, Howlin' Wolf and The Band.
In short: collaborators, language, sex, violence, poetry, adapters, prolific, Central England, underappreciated.
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':