I am a Vancouver-based consultant with a background in Education.
After the turmoil of youth, I discovered how the humanities can transform a life, in this case mine. I traveled the the world seeking people with a thirst for adventure and a hint of wonder. Fortunately, there are some good ones out there, many of them occupying this site.
I'm primarily interested now in issues of leadership and how people respond to changing environments. I consider Beams & Struts a long term project of inquiry and exchange.
Along the way, I met a good woman who could handle me and we had a son. I ‘got straight with the straight world’ as my father always urged I should. Having a child is literally raising consciousness. It demands the most of anyone who takes it seriously.
The final word(s). And only the words.
Like, really real.
Just Say Fuck.
...and left me found, full and feeling fantastic about things.
Opening to the intimacy of community, an interview with Miriam and Stephan Martineau of Next Step Integral.
Tribute to the best sort of industry man.
Looking out with fresh eyes on the light that already shines.
The poet recreating a world of imagination.
In what ways are you participating in transforming our social infrastructure?
The poet seeking the language of his day.
Samples of the sacred that permeates our efforts at Beams and Struts.
An introduction to the essence of the poet.
Songs from George Harrison that point to post-postmodern spirituality.
Excerpts from the essay Christianity and Totalitarianism
Howling Howl in love and madness.
In loving memory of an old friend who passed over the weekend.
Jack London reminds us of our vulnerability.
A little genius dies in the passing of Bert Jansch a few weeks ago.
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy