Bergen Vermette has lived internationally for most of the last 10 years. He has worked with community development projects on 3 continents, and currently leads programs for Canadian youth on international issues and global citizenship. At present he's completing a much dragged-out undergraduate degree in International Studies.
Bergen's major areas of writing interest for Beams and Struts are global issues, (evolutionary) spirituality, and popular culture. He's a meditator, a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu competitor, and enjoys traveling by motorbike.
Where does real wisdom come from? And what does it have to say about bullying?
This week our mini-theme is superheros. These guys take it to the next level..
The Museum is Flat. It has no context.
A page from The Lost Lore of a Man's Life
It's time for another Theme Week at Beams. Welcome to Undead Week.
Zombie culture in Haiti with Vice Magazine.
Head cheese comes from heads.
Who is Joseph Kony?
Is fighting for savages or sages?
Surf, sand, and... oil tankers?
Animal looks within while Gonzo offers his 'stay at home enlightenment course'
A response to the Factory Farmer
A response to the Last Poultry Farmer
If the sixties were about rock 'n roll, are our times about hip hop?
An interview with Michael Richardson-Borne, founder of The Renaissance Project. We take a look at his new integral platform for micro-documentaries on leading-edge art, technology, music and culture from around the globe. Booya!
Monks have always pushed the boundaries of intense practice. I'm no monk, but a meditation marathon is one hell of a practice.
Beams journalism, uncovering the secrets of our time.
Don't ask who should rule the world. It's development, stupid
If women ruled the world there'd be no more wars. Just kidding.
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy