Jeremy is a writer of short stories and essays, a blogger, rogue academic and new media scholar. He received his MA from Goddard in Consciousness Studies and a BA from Fordham in Sociology. Interested in the interstices of myth, media and religious experience, his writing attempts to outline the direction of our planetary, interconnected age.
His intellectual heroes include Jean Gebser, William Irwin Thompson, Henry Corbin and Carl Jung. Literary muses include Virginia Woolf, Kim Stanley Robinson, Philip K. Dick, and Daniel Quinn. Still more, his spiritual influences include Sri Aurobindo, William Blake and Zen.
Is the return of the repressed simply regression or is it something much more?
A look at what music has to say about biology & machines.
Take a tour through the works of integral scholar and historian, Bill Thompson, as he spins a whole-picture view of myth, mysticism and evolution.
Jeremy Johnson returns to Beams and Struts with a meditation on what's possible in the eye of a storm.
Marshall McLuhan illuminates the return of the tribe and the evolution of mind through media. (video)
Will post-postmodern culture bring with it an entirely new sense of time? Or will our species run out of time? What should be our relationship to this most fundamental reality? Perhaps Jean Gebser would offer us some clues.
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy