Jim grew up in Montreal and obtained a PhD in chemistry from McGill University. Knowing he was never going to win the Nobel Prize he went into teaching in BC. His “career” eventually brought him to being Dean of Science at Malaspina University-College in Nanaimo (now known as VIU). He took very early retirement and has been fighting traditional Christian theology ever since. He is a great fan of the Hebrew Scriptures, particularly Deuteronomy, he finds his theology to be aligned with that which Jesus as a Jewish mystic and teacher most probably would have actually advocated, and he rejects Christology. Notwithstanding, he attends a very high Anglo-Catholic Church because it “works”.
What does an ancient text in the Hebrew Scriptures have to offer us today?
The first of a three part look at where Christianity might be going.
In the third installment of Redemption Week, guest author Jim Baxter argues that we don't need the traditional God of religion to find 'The Land of Milk and Honey'.
Unfortunately our model of God stalled out. Christianity, Judaism and Islam today are mere reflections of human consciousness as it was in the long distant past and Western religion has been stuck in an intellectual dead-end for millennia now. Even so called post-modernist criticism still talks about Grace and Sin and Forgiveness and being with God and not being with God. Even the most “modern” churches refer to God’s will and we pray to God and worship God. To what end?
- Hello, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed Beams and Struts. It is quite erudite, what Al… Written by Linda Littrell The Last Beams and Struts Saturday Night Jukebox
- Thanks Ishita. These songs are stretching it, for sure. That might have been the point. If one of these artists… Written by TJ Dawe SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- A very well written article. And as for, "Are issues like sexual subjugation and domestic violence too touchy to be… Written by Ishita SNJ: What Do Women Think of These Seemingly Anti-Woman Songs (by Women)?
- Leslie - thanks so much for being there. Very glad the show reached you the way it did. Written by TJ Dawe Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- T. Collins - exactly. A near death experience isn't necessary for these realizations, but it'll probably accelerate it. But meditation,… Written by TJ Dawe The 10 Changes in People Who've Had Near Death Experiences
- Colette - thanks for these comments. Your observations about animals picking up our emotional energies is very consistent with some… Written by TJ Dawe Scientific Research into Telepathy
- Thanks you TJ for such an amazing life changing event, I've been paying it forward ever since :) Written by Leslie Hodson Gabor Mate Answers Questions About Ayahuasca
- Telepathy between humans is real and more prevalent than people recognize. I practice it professionally to help people, especially those… Written by Colette St.Clair Scientific Research into Telepathy
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':