Where we play and watch sports is far more important to the culture of a sport than we tend to give credit to.
A battle wages over the legality of Insite, North America's only safe, supervised injection site, located in Vancouver's Downtown East Side. Friday, Sept 30th, the BC Supreme Court will deliver its verdict.
Ubuntu is a free, open source operating system for your computer. It's an ethos. And a very large collaborative project. It also fosters community.
Should we or should we not sell our subway stations to corporate sponsors? You know the right answer.
Oh, the city has gone mad. And I’m not referring to the riots that took place last week. That was last week’s madness. This is this week.
Last night, there were riots in Vancouver. But before we got to that, there was an entire city that committed itself to a hockey team...
The city of Vancouver is often refered to as 'No Fun City'. While there is indeed lots of fun to be had here, there is also a sort of broad truth to the lable. Mostly, I think, it's because we are so insecure and afraid of ourselves that we rarely spend much time together as a city. This is changing.
Postmodern values are implicit in these ads that prominently feature yellow and black people cheering along with the whites.
- Tom, great to see this inquiry out in the world! Thank you for asking these questions of us all. Loved… Written by Kristina King Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I love this conversation because I’m involved with the Integral Center in Boulder (formerly Boulder Integral). We have a mission… Written by Michael Porcelli Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I like the infra-sangha Tom! (thanks for making a link to our article) With love, Ria Written by Ria Baeck Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- Great Job! Written by Bonnitta Roy Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- David thanks, that's a fantastic quote, really captures in pithy form many of points being made in the essay. Tim,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- One more resource to add regarding Rhizome. A friend just turned me on to this, a short book posted online… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Thanks Tim, I should probably read that Smil book. We should also throw Dr. Charles Hall's name into the mix.… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Hi Trevor/David I'd have to add Vaclav Smil's 2005 book Energy at the Crossroads to the reading list. For mine… Written by Tim Winton Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization