Bruce grew up in Winnipeg and spent his teens and early twenties as a jock. He graduated from the University of Winnipeg without, as far as he can remember, having read a book. Except one, by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi on Transcendental Meditation. This woke him up to vocation that transcended, (yet included – of course), the dream of dunking the b-ball and playing professional tennis. TM gave way to born again Christianity, to liberal Christianity, to the total loss of conviction (they are connected), to evolutionary Christian mysticism and the blessed return of something beyond/within context and perspective. He spends most of his time trying to figure out how to put the breaks on the evolutionary impulse.
Bruce has been an ordained minister in the United Church of Canada for 25 years (currently at CMUC in Vancouver) and is a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family therapy. He’s Ann’s husband (24 years and counting), a father to Sarah, an actress and musician in LA, grandfather to four, and author of four books — www.ifdarwinprayed.com.
A personal story of the clash between spiritual dreams and lived reality.
One congregations expression of an evolving Christian faith.
A look at Jason Bourne as a metaphor for the contepmorary male condition.
WWBBD? What Would Billy Beane Do? An examination of lessons in leadership from baseball.
We know about the power of now, but what about the power of the future?
Guest writer Bruce Sanguin explores how Lucinda Williams' music incites the impulse to evolve and live with passion.
For Sacred Sundays today we have a poem about evolution's dance.
What happens when we realize that Jesus is kin with starfields, our solar system, the Earth’s biosystems and all creatures — how will that impact our mission to repair the Earth?
- Tom, great to see this inquiry out in the world! Thank you for asking these questions of us all. Loved… Written by Kristina King Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I love this conversation because I’m involved with the Integral Center in Boulder (formerly Boulder Integral). We have a mission… Written by Michael Porcelli Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- I like the infra-sangha Tom! (thanks for making a link to our article) With love, Ria Written by Ria Baeck Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- Great Job! Written by Bonnitta Roy Meta-Sangha, Infra-Sangha: Or, Who is this "We" Kimo Sabe?
- David thanks, that's a fantastic quote, really captures in pithy form many of points being made in the essay. Tim,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- One more resource to add regarding Rhizome. A friend just turned me on to this, a short book posted online… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Thanks Tim, I should probably read that Smil book. We should also throw Dr. Charles Hall's name into the mix.… Written by David MacLeod Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
- Hi Trevor/David I'd have to add Vaclav Smil's 2005 book Energy at the Crossroads to the reading list. For mine… Written by Tim Winton Rhizomatic for the People- Notes on Networks and Decentralization
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':