Veggie burgers seem to come from two places: restaurants and supermarket freezers. But you can make them from whole ingredients, and it's easy. And goddam delicious.
This is a brief excerpt from Animal Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver, Steven L Hopp and Camille Kingsolver.
This isn't a rhetorical proposition. Petri-dish meat exists now. It should be available in your local supermarket by next Wednesday. Well, maybe not. But they're working on it.
Many of us here are working to connect with our food and the Earth in a more Sacred and meaningful way. May we be in service seed by seed.
It's berry season. My girlfriend made crumble out of a batch of strawberries my parents picked from a local farm. Here's the recipe.
The growth of the post-industrial food movement continues at a rapid pace. Here are resources to further our understanding of this important transformation. (videos)
Mark Kurlansky writes books about how food has influenced human history. And other stuff. This is a brief appreciation of what he does, in point form.
- Here's an interesting interview on this topic with Gabor Mate called "Capitalism Makes Us Crazy". "Humans have always used drugs,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part IV- Global Addiction and the Road to Recovery
- This interview has resonated with me deeply. I am an artist and it deepens my realization of where my creativity… Written by Denny Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality
- David, I love this idea of the "crazy quilt" "the idea that Transition Initiatives behave like a "Crazy Quilt" -… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- David, thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I really appreciate you translating some of the core tenents/philosophies of the transition movement… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- I enjoyed the discussion in the podcast of Joanna Macy's three sources of transformation: holding actions, structural transformations, shifts in… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- "The only myth that is going to be worth talking about in the immediate future is one that is talking… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part II- Planetary Initiation and Participatory Reality
- Thank you Chris and Trevor for sharing this podcast. "The Promise and the Peril" This is a great framing, and… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- Chris, Your article/interview with Thomas was wonderful. He visited One Spirit last fall asnd since then a few of us… Written by Lynne Feldman Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':