Chris was raised in the US and now lives in Canada (having emigrated in via marriage to my beautiful wife). He's a Christian (Anglican) priest, holding a Master’s Degree in Divinity (MDiv).
Though a Christian and that lens ultimately is the one through which he sees the world, Chris has spent a number of years studying and practicing various practices from many of the world’s great religious traditions. He has written and thought a great deal about the relationship between religion, society, and politics in the contemporary world.
In the great debate between secularism and religion (as it is commonly understood and practiced) in our day and age, Chris feels like Leslie Nielsen’s Dr. Rummack in Airplane! When told that the passengers had the choice between fish and steak as their on-flight meal, Rummack responds, “Oh yes, I remember I had the lasagna.”
The fish of secularism and the steak of common religion will not do. Only the lasagna of post-postmodern religion will satiate. We hope you like Italian.
Is Buddhism a form of atheism?
Atheists can experience the three dimensions of the Divine? Hell yes they can.
Continuing interview with Darrin, this section's on love of the enemy, within and without.
An interview with Darrin Drda, author of The Four Global Truths.
A critical issue for evolutionary spirituality.
A criticism of a too easy equation.
A look at Cindy Wigglesworth's new book.
Liveblogging the US Elections.
A look at the roots of the Halloween tradition and what we might learn from them.
Liveblogging the third and final US Presidential Debate, on foreign policy.
As the rainy season begins in Vancouver, songs about the rain.
For parenting month...what do we mean when we apply parental language to the Divine?
A funny and poignant account by a husband and wife of the taboos of raising children.
A look at the value of incarnation as a spiritual value over the more popular notion of embodiment.
How does the whole body become like the face smiling?
Why do Democrats always put faith in a single leader to change history and politics?
A short, to the point, review of Van Jones' new book Rebuilding the Dream, a manifesto for the 99% movement.
Jeff Madrick speaks about his new book The Age of Greed.
A look at the gaffetastic yet ever underestimated Joe Biden.
- Here's an interesting interview on this topic with Gabor Mate called "Capitalism Makes Us Crazy". "Humans have always used drugs,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part IV- Global Addiction and the Road to Recovery
- This interview has resonated with me deeply. I am an artist and it deepens my realization of where my creativity… Written by Denny Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality
- David, I love this idea of the "crazy quilt" "the idea that Transition Initiatives behave like a "Crazy Quilt" -… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- David, thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I really appreciate you translating some of the core tenents/philosophies of the transition movement… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- I enjoyed the discussion in the podcast of Joanna Macy's three sources of transformation: holding actions, structural transformations, shifts in… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- "The only myth that is going to be worth talking about in the immediate future is one that is talking… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part II- Planetary Initiation and Participatory Reality
- Thank you Chris and Trevor for sharing this podcast. "The Promise and the Peril" This is a great framing, and… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- Chris, Your article/interview with Thomas was wonderful. He visited One Spirit last fall asnd since then a few of us… Written by Lynne Feldman Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality