I am a Certified Integral Coach™ living in Vancouver. My passion for human development is borderline obsessive. My calling is aptly expressed when working with others around their deepest ache and that which matters most. I am interested in community, in bringing people together to share in and support each other around both the ordinariness and profundity of life’s journey.
I am a mother of a gorgeous little boy for whom my most precious energy and best work is reserved. The rest of what I’ve got is up for grabs, come and get some at email@example.com. In terms of writing here at Beams and Struts, I’m most interested in exploring what it takes to consciously evolve individually and collectively and I revel in challenging our confounding culture. I really dig writing and love it here, being part of this family is an honour.
A closing piece about how kick-ass-awesome Beams is and how it changed me.
Many or our contributing writers gather to offer final words about our experiment in collective intelligence. An experiment that wouldn't have been without them.
For parents looking to expand and deepen the context in which they’re parenting...look no further.
A compilation article. Five different pieces touching on the topic of Mothering as a Spiritual practice from 5 mother's unique perspectives.
A dialogue on spanning the worlds of parenthood and career with Miriam Martineau.
Your playlist through the spiral of developing consciousness.
A dialogue with Miriam Martineau and Chela Davison.
Introducing Parenting Month! Throughout October, our magazine and blog will be dedicated to the topic of parenting.
A Review of Corin Raymond's Fringe Festival Show: Bookworm
Men fix things right? What do women do? A look at the unique offering of gathering women for someone in need...
Is how you're moving through space and time impacting your experience of it?
The title says it all.
Join us for a meditation on trust. Let us relax into that which is always holding us.
Are you a narcissist? Probably. An exploration of our self-focused culture.
What's your life's work? What's it going to take to really dig in and dish it out? Let's take a look...
In honour of Earth Day, I offer you a compilation. Here are wise words of great thinkers, mystics and poets, woven between poems of children and the wonder of the Earth seen through their eyes and art.
A fed up angry rant about our ongoing obsession with beauty and with re-defining beauty. I'm done. Let's go for ugly.
Me, Jesus and a whole lotta holy oil. A non-Christian's exploration of the transformative potentials at the heart of Christian teachings.
It takes a hell of a lot of courage to bring your full self forward. But that's what we really need from each other, especially now. How can you be more 'you'?
Our experiment in collective intelligence acts as a backbone for our collective growth creatively. Where else can we extend these practices...?
- Here's an interesting interview on this topic with Gabor Mate called "Capitalism Makes Us Crazy". "Humans have always used drugs,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part IV- Global Addiction and the Road to Recovery
- This interview has resonated with me deeply. I am an artist and it deepens my realization of where my creativity… Written by Denny Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality
- David, I love this idea of the "crazy quilt" "the idea that Transition Initiatives behave like a "Crazy Quilt" -… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- David, thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I really appreciate you translating some of the core tenents/philosophies of the transition movement… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- I enjoyed the discussion in the podcast of Joanna Macy's three sources of transformation: holding actions, structural transformations, shifts in… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- "The only myth that is going to be worth talking about in the immediate future is one that is talking… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part II- Planetary Initiation and Participatory Reality
- Thank you Chris and Trevor for sharing this podcast. "The Promise and the Peril" This is a great framing, and… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- Chris, Your article/interview with Thomas was wonderful. He visited One Spirit last fall asnd since then a few of us… Written by Lynne Feldman Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality