Bruce grew up in Winnipeg and spent his teens and early twenties as a jock. He graduated from the University of Winnipeg without, as far as he can remember, having read a book. Except one, by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi on Transcendental Meditation. This woke him up to vocation that transcended, (yet included – of course), the dream of dunking the b-ball and playing professional tennis. TM gave way to born again Christianity, to liberal Christianity, to the total loss of conviction (they are connected), to evolutionary Christian mysticism and the blessed return of something beyond/within context and perspective. He spends most of his time trying to figure out how to put the breaks on the evolutionary impulse.
Bruce has been an ordained minister in the United Church of Canada for 25 years (currently at CMUC in Vancouver) and is a clinical member of the American Association of Marriage and Family therapy. He’s Ann’s husband (24 years and counting), a father to Sarah, an actress and musician in LA, grandfather to four, and author of four books — www.ifdarwinprayed.com.
A personal story of the clash between spiritual dreams and lived reality.
One congregations expression of an evolving Christian faith.
A look at Jason Bourne as a metaphor for the contepmorary male condition.
WWBBD? What Would Billy Beane Do? An examination of lessons in leadership from baseball.
We know about the power of now, but what about the power of the future?
Guest writer Bruce Sanguin explores how Lucinda Williams' music incites the impulse to evolve and live with passion.
For Sacred Sundays today we have a poem about evolution's dance.
What happens when we realize that Jesus is kin with starfields, our solar system, the Earth’s biosystems and all creatures — how will that impact our mission to repair the Earth?
- Here's an interesting interview on this topic with Gabor Mate called "Capitalism Makes Us Crazy". "Humans have always used drugs,… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part IV- Global Addiction and the Road to Recovery
- This interview has resonated with me deeply. I am an artist and it deepens my realization of where my creativity… Written by Denny Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality
- David, I love this idea of the "crazy quilt" "the idea that Transition Initiatives behave like a "Crazy Quilt" -… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- David, thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I really appreciate you translating some of the core tenents/philosophies of the transition movement… Written by Trevor Malkinson Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- I enjoyed the discussion in the podcast of Joanna Macy's three sources of transformation: holding actions, structural transformations, shifts in… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part III- The 3 Afflictions and Their Antidotes
- "The only myth that is going to be worth talking about in the immediate future is one that is talking… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part II- Planetary Initiation and Participatory Reality
- Thank you Chris and Trevor for sharing this podcast. "The Promise and the Peril" This is a great framing, and… Written by David MacLeod Darrin Drda Part I- Peril and Promise
- Chris, Your article/interview with Thomas was wonderful. He visited One Spirit last fall asnd since then a few of us… Written by Lynne Feldman Thomas Hübl: Shadow Work in Evolutionary Spirituality
Last 10 tweets from beamsandstruts:
People talking about '@beamsandstruts':